Traffic and Parking
Student parking is restricted to all white striped lots on the main campus and does not require a parking pass. Students living in student housing will receive a parking permit allowing students to park in student housing lots only. Students living in student housing cannot park in any lots other than those in student housing. Any vehicle parked in unauthorized areas without displayed parking permits will be subject to a minimum $25.00 fine. Double fines may be assessed for failure to heed warnings. Repeat offenders may be subject to the towing of the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
The speed limit on campus is 15 mph and drivers shall exercise extreme caution. If speed limits are abused, driving privileges on campus may be revoked and a fine may be issued. Pedestrians have the right-of-way when crossing the campus drive; all drivers shall stop to let pedestrians cross the road.
Special arrangements for handicapped and temporary parking can be made with the Receptionist in the Information Technology Center. Employees can purchase a reserved parking space for a yearly fee by contacting Human Resources.
Parking fines will be posted to the student’s or employee's account. Payment for parking tickets shall be made at the Cashier’s office in the Information Technology Center. If left unpaid, a hold will be placed on the offender's account until the amount of the ticket(s) is paid. To dispute a parking ticket, the offender shall complete a Financial Appeals Petition.
Visitors may park in any yellow striped lot and require a parking pass. Visitor parking passes are available with the Receptionist in the Information Technology Center. Visitor lots can be found south of the Information Technology Center and north of the Vehicle and Power Center near the Automotive Technology building.
- In the white lined spaces of any of the paved parking lots
- Behind the Nilges Technology Center (NTC)
- The lot east of the Commercial Turf & Grounds Management Building (CTG)
- The lot west of the Heavy Equipment Operations Building (HEO)
- The lot east of the Activity Center (AC)
- The lot east of the Information Technology Center (ITC)
- The lot east of the Vehicle and Power Center (VPC)
- The gravel lot south of the Multi-Purpose Building (MPB)
Front and rear bumpers must be on the parking lot side of the curb to allow for proper lawn and snow maintenance.
No Parking Areas
- In the yellow lined spaces of any of the paved parking lots
- In the visitor parking lots between the Automotive Technology Building and the Commercial Turf & Grounds Management Building (CTG). This is reserved for visitors only. Vehicles being serviced by the Automotive Technology Department may be parked in this lot if properly designated as such.
- In the visitor and reserved lot south of the Information Technology Center (ITC)
- In the front row at the Activity Center between 5 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- In the Osage County Community Center lot
- In student housing lots if not a housing resident
- In any loading areas
- In the gravel lot between the Activity Center and Engineering Technology Wing (ETW)
- In any grass areas