Student Housing

From STC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Linn Campus

Only students enrolled, in good standing, at State Technical College of Missouri, living as single individuals, may reside in the on-campus residential cottages.

Information is available on alternate housing within the community of Linn and the surrounding area from Admissions.

Before moving on-campus, verification of immunization including TB screening is mandatory. Residents are to present evidence of having immunization for meningococcal disease (meningitis), or a statement of medical exemption, signed by a physician, on file with the college. An immunization record shall be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to moving on campus.

Housing Staff

Resident Assistant (RA). The Resident Assistant is the community facilitator living in the cottages with the students. The RA is typically an upper-class student that is specially trained to work with students. The RA is responsible for developing a sense of community in the cottages. The RA plans social events and is responsible for the administrative work in the cottages. In cooperation with the residents, the RA enforces the policies and procedures in the residence cottages.

Resident Manager (RM). The Resident Manager supervises the Resident Assistants to ensure the best possible service to the residents in the cottages. The Resident Manager is a full-time College employee. The Resident Manager lives in the Commons Building and works with the residents to improve the quality of life in the residence cottages.

See Article Housing Rules.