Registration for Current Students
Each department will prepare Class Schedule Forms for 1st and 2nd year students in each major, and submit those to the Academic Records Office. Once the schedules have been finalized and returned to the departments, the advisors will prepare an Enrollment Form for each student. If a group of students will have the exact same class schedule, you may complete one Enrollment Form for them and provide Academic Records with a list of their names and Student ID Numbers. The student Enrollment Forms are returned to the Academic Records Office where the information from the Enrollment Forms will be entered in CARS. Any schedule issues or errors identified will need to be resolved. Academic Records will send the departments a registration packet for each student that includes two copies of the Student Schedule and one copy of the Student Invoice. Advisors will meet with each student and complete the enrollment process.
- If there are no changes, sign one copy of the Student Schedule and return it to the Academic Records Office.
- If it is unavoidable that a student must change his/her schedule:
- Consult the class schedule to find open seats.
- Complete an Add/Drop Form, sign it, and send the student to the Academic Records Office to have it processed.
- Tell the student to notify the Financial Aid Office of any schedule changes and check for any impact on their financial aid award(s).
- If a student is not returning for the next semester, complete a Non-Return Form with the student and return it to the Academic Records Office.
If you enter your students’ schedules into the CX system, please enter the courses in time order for the students. The system prints the classes in the exact same order in which you enter them into the system. The schedules are much easier for students to read and follow if the classes are listed in time order.
If you enter your students’ schedules into the CX system, please remember to send the signed original enrollment form or SDS (student schedule) form to the Academic Records Office for the student’s file. This completes the registration process for the student.
If you enroll your students in classes based on the students transferring in credit through the summer or by getting a waiver for a pre-req, please document that on the enrollment form/schedule you send to the Academic Records Office for the student’s file. You can simply write, for example, transferring in MAT 071 from MACC or pre-req waived by XXX (appropriate department chair’s name), etc.
Students must sign and submit their schedules to finalize their registration. After that deadline, they will be voided from their classes and will have to meet with their advisors to fill out registration paperwork.
Students with holds on their accounts will not be pre-registered.
Class schedule changes will be reviewed for detrimental impacts on 1st year student schedules.
Advisors should note and sign on the enrollment form if any prerequisites are being waived.