Accessing Email Remotely. See the following instructions:
Preserving Storage Space. In order to preserve room on the computer servers, please observe the following guidelines whenever possible:
- empty your deleted items folder
- remove large attachments from your email
- delete unnecessary emails from your inbox and your sent items folder.
Distribution Lists. There are many distribution lists already created in the Outlook address book that are available to employees.
- The “STC_ALL” distribution group, can only be accessed by a limited number of employees including the Cabinet and their administrative assistants.
- The all student email address “email@example.com”, can only be accessed by a limited number of employees including the Student Activities Director, Student Government Association Coordinator, and employees in Information Technology.
- If a message needs to be sent to all employee or all students please forward your message to one of those employees listed above with your request.
The information Technology Department can create distribution groups upon request, such as all students within an academic department.
Tag Lines. Employees are discouraged from creating tag lines on outgoing emails. The College at times creates tag lines that are automatically sent with each outgoing message. Use of a signature block with the employee’s contact information is encouraged.
Outlook Calendar. Employees are encouraged to keep their Outlook Calendar current to facilitate scheduling of meetings and other events.