|approved by Board of Regents 01/16/2015|
At the annual meeting each year, the Board of Regents shall elect from its own members a President and Vice-President who shall hold office for one year, commencing July first of each year. Said officers shall serve until the next annual meeting or until their replacement is duly elected by the Board. In addition, the Board of Regents shall choose a Secretary and Treasurer who need not be a member of the Board of Regents and shall serve at the will of the Board.
Board President. The Board President shall carry out the following duties:
- Preside, when present, at all Board meetings.
- Appoint special committees upon authorization.
- Call special meetings of the Board.
- Sign contracts, warrants, minutes, and reports approved or ordered by the Board.
- Perform other duties authorized by order of the Board or by legislative enactment.
Board Vice-President. The Board Vice-President shall carry out the duties of the Board President in the Board Presidents' absence or inability to serve.
Board Secretary. The Board Secretary shall keep the minutes of the meetings of the Board and any of the standing committees appointed by the Board and shall be the official custodian of all of the records of the College. The Board Secretary will keep a journal of the proceedings and record the yeas and nays on all questions. In addition, the Board may appoint such Assistant Secretaries as it feels are desirable. The Board Secretary shall carry out the following duties:
- Keep, or cause to be kept, an accurate record of the proceedings of all meetings of the Board.
- Be present at all regular and special meetings of the Board.
- Post, or cause to be posted, all notices required by law or when duly ordered by the Board.
- Keep records of the Board in a secure location.
- Issue and/or sign all reports and documents when such are required by law or duly ordered by the Board.
- File, or cause to be filed, all reports and documents when such are required by law or duly ordered by the Board.
- Draw warrants upon the order of the Board in favor of any party to whom it has become legally indebted. The said warrants are to be paid out of any monies in the appropriate funds in the hands of the Board Treasurer and belonging to the College.
Board Treasurer. The Board Treasurer shall receive, keep and disburse all monies belonging to the College and shall perform all customary acts pertaining to that office under direction of the Board. The Board Treasurer shall make a report of the same at the annual meeting of the Board. The Board Treasurer shall carry out the following duties:
- Act as custodian of all College funds until paid out.
- Be adequately bonded in accordance with Section 172.200 RSMo.
- Keep complete, accurate, and legal records of all money collected and expended.
- Require securities from all depositories of funds which will adequately protect the College.
- Deliver to the Board canceled bonds to be burned in compliance with the law.
- Keep his/her records available for inspection by the Board at all times.
- Prepare and submit the annual financial statement as required by law.
- Prepare and submit for annual audit all financial records of the College.
Vacancy. Any vacancy occurring in the officers of the Board may be filled by an election by the Board at any time.