Eagle Preview Day
The purpose of Eagle Preview Day (previously Come See LSTC) is to effectively recruit graduates to State Tech by showcasing our programs, equipment, and facilities. This is best done through campus visits and interactions with faculty in each program. Eagle Preview Day gives prospective students an opportunity to consider State Tech in their decision-making process. It is specifically scheduled in the fall to complement our marketing and off-campus recruitment efforts.
Eagle Preview Day is hosted one Saturday typically in October at the main campus in Linn and typically on a Friday in October at the Advanced Technology Center in Mexico.
Please promote Eagle Preview Day on your department’s Facebook page. Prospective students can sign up for any of the Eagle Preview Day events by visiting www.statetechmo.edu/eaglepreview.
Linn Campus - Eagle Preview Day
- An event of this magnitude requires an all-hands-on deck approach. All faculty and staff are expected to attend and assist with the event.
- Please see the attached sample agenda and open house program locations.
Mexico Campus - Eagle Preview Day
- All MNT faculty and staff are expected to attend and assist with the event.
- Please see the attached sample agenda.
Please note these specific program tours will not be offered on Eagle Preview Day:
- Dental Assisting Technology, Medical Radiologic Technology, Practical Nursing Technology programs in Jefferson City; call 573-659-3111 to schedule a tour.
- Physical Therapist Assistant program in Jefferson City, Poplar Bluff, Trenton; call 573-893-1020 to schedule a tour.
Eagle Preview Day is modeled much like SkillsUSA where each employee has a particular assignment(s). The primary role for faculty at Eagle Preview Day is to staff the Main Campus Open House. You will be in your designated program location (see the attached list) speaking to prospective students, family members, and community members about your program. Every year we survey our students and ask them why they chose State Tech and every year the #1 response is our programs – State Tech is an excellent opportunity for us to showcase our programs and to recruit graduates.
The Campus Open House is typically scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please be ready for guests at your program location no later than 8:45 a.m.
Tips for an effective Campus Open House:
- Provide demonstrations, set up displays, and/or have hands-on activities to engage the students who visit your department.
- Use the sign in sheet provided to see exactly who visits your department during the open house.
- Invite current students to be here to share their experiences with prospective students.
- Divide and conquer – if your program has multiple faculty members, consider having them each share different aspects of your program.
Eagle Preview Day Dress Code = Gray State Tech t-shirt from the Fall Workshop. Jeans will be fine that day.
Lunch will typically be provided for all employees and student volunteers working the day of the event in the Main Stream Café from 10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Please be sure to pick up a lunch ticket at the Evaluation Station table before entering the Main Stream Café.
More event details, including the online sign up form, can typically be found on the Eagle Preview Day webpage, which can be accessed by visiting www.statetechmo.edu/eaglepreview/index.php.
Thank you for your cooperation in such an important event!