|approved by Board of Regents 01/16/2015|
Board Powers and Duties. The power and duties of the Board of Regents is established by Missouri statute. The Board of Regents of State Technical College of Missouri shall organize in the manner provided by law for the board of curators of the University of Missouri. The powers, duties, authority, responsibilities, privileges, immunities, liabilities, and compensation of the board of State Technical College of Missouri in regard to State Technical College of Missouri shall be the same as those prescribed by statute for the board of curators of the University of Missouri in regard to the University of Missouri. (178.635 RSMo)
In addition to the above, the duties of the Board of Regents are as follows:
- Adopt general policies relating to the College.
- Appoint a competent and qualified College President and invest in that office such powers as may legally be delegated.
- Consider the budget presented by the College President, make changes found advisable, and adopt the budget when approved.
- Approve the educational program of the College and the institutional admissions and graduation requirements upon recommendation of the College President.
- Require of the College President complete and accurate information concerning the college.
- Designate and employ a reputable auditing firm to conduct an annual audit of the financial records of the College; a copy of said report shall be furnished to each member of the Board of Regents, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and the Department of Higher Education.
- Designate a competent and reputable attorney to act as legal counsel for the college.
- Make final determination of tuition and fees.
- Adopt an annual calendar.
- Ensure a copy of the Board policies and of amendments thereto is provided to each employee.
- Expect all employees to know and to be responsible for observing all provisions of the policies set forth in this and other policy manuals.
- Perform duties authorized and ordered by the state statutes.